UK watchdog bans HSBC climate change ads
UK watchdog bans HSBC climate change ads
The UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned HSBC from running two advertisements, concluding that they are "misleading" about the bank's climate change efforts.
HSBC Banker Suspended for Climate Change & ESG Risk Comments
HSBC has suspended its Head of Responsible Investing (Stuart Kirk) over comments he made about climate change risk. These were at a conference on responsible investing. He asserted that a signficiant amount of climate risk rhethroci was scaremongering, and hyperbolic. He also argued that a significant amount of financial risk modeling is rubbery and error prone due to incorrect assumptions. He further indicated that investors need not worry about climate risk due to pay back periods, and technological innovation. I discuss his comments and whether he should have been suspended.
* 30% off Simply Wall St Analysis & Data: https://simplywall.st/?via=mark
*Check out my substack: https://financemark.substack.com/
* Skillshare: Get a month of free access: https://www.skillshare.com/r/profile/Professor-Mark/657649567?gr_tch_ref=on &gr_trp=on
* Sharesight: Get a month free and a free trial: https://www.sharesight.com/financemark
* Investment Valuation: https://amzn.to/2LUwYQW
* Venture Capital & Private Equity: [US] https://amzn.to/3l1oTvs . [AU] https://amzn.to/3pMyHfB
* Regression Handbook & Econometrics: https://amzn.to/3v22Asg
* 0:00 Introduction
* 1:18 Hyperbolic regulators?
* 5:30 Fossil fuels can outperform renewables?
* 7:47 Stranded assets and payback periods
* 10:45 Technological innovation
* 13:24 The role of risk modeling
* 16:11 Do other risks take precedence?
* 18:43 Financially responsible energy transition
* 20:02 Do investors need to care about climate risk?
* 21:52 Should people be suspended over climate comments?
* 24:28 Overall thoughts
#ESG #HSBC #ClimateChange
Support this channel =) https://sydneyfinanceacademy.teachable.com/p/investment-academy
* Portfolio Management: https://sydneyfinanceacademy.teachable.com/p/portfolio-management
* International Finance: https://sydneyfinanceacademy.teachable.com/p/international-finance
* Valuation: https://sydneyfinanceacademy.teachable.com/course/investment-valuation-fundamentals
* Options, Futures, and Derivatives: https://sydneyfinanceacademy.teachable.com/p/options-futures-derivatives
Razer Seiren Mini: https://amzn.to/2Sbmtz2
Logitech c922: https://amzn.to/2xDUfTs
Softlight setup available here from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2xHVEbF
Wacom writing tablet: https://amzn.to/2YHmyeK
HSBC – Transition to Net Zero – Sustainable Finance
How do we fix a problem with no boundaries by pushing our own? Climate change knows no borders. That’s why HSBC is aiming to provide up to $1trn in financing and investment globally to help our clients transition to net zero. Learn more: https://www.business.hsbc.com/sustainability
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://grp.hsbc/subscribe
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisation in the world, proudly serving more than 40 million customers. On this channel, we’re sharing information about our brand and values, our sponsorships and technology stories, and what it’s like to work for us.
Connect with us to get our latest updates:
Visit our website: https://www.hsbc.com/
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hsbc
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hsbc
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HSBC
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hsbc
Opportunity doesn’t do borders ׀ TV advert ׀ HSBC UK
When we see beyond borders, we see opportunity everywhere.
For more information, visit: https://grp.hsbc/6056yCE22
Follow us on social:
‘Misleading’ HSBC net zero adverts banned
Two adverts from HSBC about its role in the green transition have been banned for glossing over the bank’s own responsibility for pollution.
Plus, Labour calls on the Conservatives to seize the opportunity to ban fracking ‘once and for all’.
#skynews #climate #dailyclimateshow #netzero
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/skynews
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/skynews
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skynews
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skynews
For more content go to http://news.sky.com and download our apps:
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skynews.android &hl=en_GB
Sky News videos are now available in Spanish here/Los video de Sky News están disponibles en español aquí https://www.youtube.com/channel/skynewsespanol
To enquire about licensing Sky News content, you can find more information here: https://news.sky.com/info/library-sales